For tool technology, we rely on a continuous CAE process chain using modern simulation and calculation methods. We support you in concept development, design, simulation and calculation up to the construction of prototypes and test stands. Our focus in tool technology is on process reliability - for robust production.
Innovative tooling processes, tool technology
We offer our customers a great deal of know-how for complex tooling techniques such as injection molding tools. Our expertise covers the related topics of feasibility analyses, concept development, process-safe production, consulting and troubleshooting as well as innovative, detailed solutions in different tooling processes.
In the area of simulation & calculation, the expertise of the in-house M.TEC CAE division is always at your disposal.
In addition to the tool technology of injection molding tools and our extensive knowledge of special processes, we also support the commissioning of production tools. Our customers benefit from our long-term experience and competence in process sequences. For the commissioning of injection molding tools, we offer:
- Project management and planning
- Tool commissioning and sampling by the supplier
- Component qualification and component measurement
- Definition of changes and corrections to articles and tools
- Process simulation / filling simulation (Moldflow) to improve the manufacturing process and the component quality
- Creation of QM documents (quality management)
Feasibility analyses: tool know-how on materials, processes
M.TEC has extensive knowledge of the materials to be used and their behavior:
- Thermoplastic elastomers
With our know-how of different tooling processes, we carry out feasibility studies for various manufacturing processes, such as
- Multi-component injection molding
- Film back injection molding
- Overmolding of inserts
- Fluid injection technology (gas injection technology GIT, water injection technology WIT)
Tool technology for lightweight construction
Within the field of tool technology, we are experts in tools for lightweight construction processes. For this purpose we offer design calculations for thermal design and strength analysis (by our business unit M.TEC CAE, specialist for simulation & calculation). We develop and design:
- RTM tools
- Wet pressing tools
- Tools in the organic sheet sector: for production and processing and for organic sheet overmolding
In addition, we also carry out article preparation of composite components for you and offer process surface preparation for preforms and RTM.