Product development for small series
M.TEC engineers know how unit costs or manufacturing costs arise. The conflict between requirements, test specifications and design on the one hand and manufacturing costs on the other hand is well known to us after almost 30 years of experience in engineering. On this basis, M.TEC creates a secure basis for conscious decisions regarding your product.
We develop economic solutions for technical products with small quantities - from quantity 1.
Services for small-series development
- Development of new products with low quantities p.a. under consideration of cost-effective production methods
- Cost-saving projects - We reduce the manufacturing costs taking into account your requirements and the
- Process-compliant modification design of components and assemblies
- Selection of the most cost-effective manufacturing process for your product
- Selection of manufacturing partners for your requirements
- Development of functional models for tests and trials
- Selection of suppliers for electronics & software
- Electronics development (e.g. circuit board layout and software)
Alternative production methods for small series
Aluminum molds for injection molding
Aluminum molds are suitable for the cost-effective and rapid procurement of components in series material. M.TEC MECHANICS accompanies you in the 3D CAD data preparation and procurement of the components. For filled materials, M.TEC uses injection molding simulations to ensure component quality with regard to distortion (fiber orientation). Thus, measures in the tool/article can be directly coordinated with the manufacturer.
- Article revision
- Coordination with the prototype tool supplier
Master mold-tool concepts (steel molds)
A master mold can be used to reduce high investment costs. This must be decided on a case-by-case basis. Here, M.TEC's engineers support our customers in the decision-making process.
- Inquiries for the determination of tool and manufacturing cost
- Provide a basis for decision-making
Further manufacturing processes for small quantities
- 3D printing (plastic and metal)
- Machining processes (incl. 3D milling)
- Sheet metal forming
- Hybrid processes
- Aluminum extrusion
- Zinc die casting
- Die-cast aluminium
- Laser Sintering
- EPP moldings Expanded polypropylene (EPP)
- EPS Moldings Expanded polystyrene (EPS)
- PU foams (polyurethane foam)
Small series in medical technology
Familiar with high medical technology requirements
When developing medical technology products, we are familiar with the special requirements in this area, such as documentation requirements. The M.TEC MEDICAL division works as a development service provider for medical technology and provides the complete know-how within M.TEC.
Functional model – conceptual design
For tests and trials we develop functional models to validate the product idea. In doing so, we make sure that a great benefit is achieved for the determination of the functionality and that the costs remain within reasonable limits.
If required, M.TEC can carry out and evaluate the tests and trials in-house in test rooms.
- Cost saving projects (medical technology, household appliances, etc.)
- Cost saving project: drying equipment
- Development of medical technology equipment (approx. 6,000 p.a.)
- Development of filter systems (approx. 800 p.A.)
- Development of crane operating elements (approx. 1,000 p.A.)
- Development of functional models: gastronomy, flow technology products (quantity 1)
- Development of household appliances (approx. 10,000 p.a.)
- Development letterbox systems (approx. 10,000 p.A.), modular system