Mold technology in the injection molding process has a very significant influence on the production of components. This applies to the quality of the injection molded part and to the stability and cost-effectiveness of the process. The more the mold technology is already considered in the product conception and component design, the more advantages result: more cost-efficient production, higher part quality and lower process risks.
30 years of experience in tooling and plastics technology
M.TEC analyzes and evaluates or designs tool concepts itself, controls tool procurement and accompanies sampling and component qualification for over 30 years. This experience in the industrialization of products as well as M.TEC's background in plastics engineering and product development are the great added value that M.TEC's customers can benefit from in the field of tooling technology.
Tooling technology: design & analysis@cont.HeadlineType>
Tool design and development
- Tool strategy design
- Development of superior tools for sseries production with efficient structure
- Development of sophisticated special molds such as family tools, pilot tools, prototype tools, cube tools etc.
Feasibility evaluation of injection molds
- Investigation/analysis of injection mold designs
Optimization of injection molds
- Proposals for component redesign – already during component design stage
Component analysis – tooling feasibility (DFM)
- Component analysis with regard to plastic-compatible design (demoldability, draft angles, radii, etc.)
Execution of a DFM (Design for Manufacturing) incl. simulation & calculation
Simulation of injection molds
- Process simulation/mold flow analysis to improve the manufacturing process and component quality, for example by means of simulation of mold temperature control.
As a development tool in mold design
Accompanying services Tooling technology@cont.HeadlineType>
M.TEC coordinates and supervises the tool design/tool making up to the component qualification. We are also happy to support you in supplier selection and/or supplier audits. For special topics in tooling technology, we accompany the selected supplier/toolmaking up to component qualification.
Project management and planning
Tool technology advice
- Analysis of process safety
- Supplier selection and audit
- Selection of the right implementation: inserts for master molds, family molds, pilot molds, prototype molds, series molds, etc.
Initial sampling/component qualification
- Participation in initial sampling
- Preparation of test specifications (metrology)
- Component qualification and measurement (metrology)
- Definition of changes and corrections to articles and tools
- Creation of QM documents
- Support during tool meetings (suppliers)
- Selection of the right process for your components in terms of functionality, requirements and design
- Transfer to the production site
- Commissioning of the tools and sampling at the supplier
Tooling technology project examples at M.TEC@cont.HeadlineType>
- Feasibility studies of plastic components
- Projects in the field of DFM (Design for Manufacturing)
- Support of our customers in supplier support from supplier audit to component / assembly qualification or approval
- Creation of demolding concepts (definition of mold part separation)
- Mold adaptations in the product life cycle (facelift)
- Feasibility analysis Integration of several standard injection molding processes in one mold (injection-compression molding, fluid injection)
- Assembly injection molding: redesign of a multi-part kinematic system
- Evaluation of different mold concepts in fluid injection technology