Product Lifecycle Management (abbreviation "PLM") covers various engineering tasks on the product and on the manufacturing processes in the product lifecycle. The qualification phase involves validation of the product and the subsequent start of series production. The engineering work on the product ranges from design adaptations to functional enhancements and optimization to cost savings. In production, tasks such as tool qualification, tool replacement procurement and troubleshooting are regularly performed to ensure production capability.
M.TEC – PLM experts between product and process
M.TEC supports its customers in product lifecycle management for all engineering tasks in large-scale production of sophisticated products. In this complex area between product and process, M.TEC engineers have been systematically delivering efficient solutions and acting with foresight in the customer's interest for more than 30 years - a real added value for customers. Special focus in the area of product lifecycle management at M.TEC is plastics and tooling technology.
Product lifecycle management in large-scale production
- Series start-up management
- Support of current products, from drawing changes to tool replacement procurement
- Regular re-validation of sensitive system properties
- Implementation of feature upgrades and cost savings
- Supervision of capacity increases
- Ensuring global compatibility between production sites
- Support of site changes during series production (production relocation)
- Verification of cross-compatibility, e.g. for multi cavity tools
- Enable robust tooling concepts
- Ensure high fault tolerance as early as the design stage
Problem analysis/troubleshooting of processes and products
If difficulties arise during ongoing production, M.TEC's engineers will support you quickly and purposefully with a systematic error analysis.
- Structured, methodical analysis of problems/root cause analysis
- Development of solution approaches
- Support during implementation